You can use any touch tone phone with SIP internet gateway or you can use SIP phone too. The phone has to autodial 9999 to enter the calling card system. Basically you have to set three values on your SIP device: SIP server,SIP username, SIP password.
You can find these values on the controlcenter under Calling Cards > Sip devices if you don't have any device yet, simply add your first SIP location.
Example for Linksys PAP2 SIP phone gateway:
1. How to setup and connect to your PAP2.
- Before powering the device on, first you need to connect its Ethernet port to the internet.
- Then connect your phone to the line1 port on the PAP2 device. Plug the power cable in and wait 60 seconds.
- Pick up the phone, and dial the star key 4 times. You will hear a message stating you are in the configuration menu. Enter 1 1 0 and press the pound key (#).
- You will hear a human voice give you your device's IP address.
- Enter this ip into your browser's window. Some browsers will require you to remove leading zeros, ie 192.168.008.001 will be 192.168.8.1
- By default PAP2 does not have a password set. You will now be in the administrator interface.
Open your SIP gateway's administration page and click on admin login, choose line 1.
2. Set sip.hotspotsystem.com in the SIP proxy (or SIP server) field. Enter your SIP user ID, and password you created in the control center (which is different from your controlcenter login and password).
3. Make sure you enabled the line, Line Enable: yes and then press Save Settings
4. Change to advanced mode under Line 1 and enter the following in the Dial Plan field: (<:9999>S0)
This way the device will autodial 9999 so the user will not have to dial this, the user will hear the welcome prompt after picking up the receiver.
5. Don't forget to Save Settings on each pages.
Q: What is this all about?
A: You can set up your own virtual phone service. You can simply install the necessary device and you can sell your own prepaid phone cards. You can keep the 50% of the income by default.
Q: I registered but how to buy credit?
A:Log into the control center choose the amount of cards and buy the cards online. After this you can print out the cards.
Q: Can i sell calling cards in my local currency?
A:Yes, you can set your currency on the control center.
Q: Do you have better long distance rates that are much less compared to our regular telephone providers?
A:You cannot earn money over your regular telephone providers service. Our rates contains your and our profits as well, that is why the rates are more expensive.
Q: Can i sell minutes for cheaper rates?
A:It's possible to set cheaper rates for your users but this way your earning will be less.
Q: Can you explain if i buy calling cards worth of $10, how do we share the revenue?
A:When you sell the prepaid card for $10 you can keep $5 because you paid just $5 for the card.
Q: Can you provide a local inbound number?
A:Yes, it's possible to assign local number to the service. Please send us your area code so we can give you a quote.
Q: What are the internet upload/download requirements?
A:128kbit/sec up and 128kbit/sec down. Make sure the line is not overloaded with other data traffic and make sure to set voip QoS on your router if possible.
Q: How many simultaneous connections does the system support?
A:There is no limit. We are continously extending our system as demand grows.
Q: Can users use a VOIP software to make phone calls?
A:Yes, the user can use voip software with internet connection. The username and password for authentication can be found on the card.
Q: Can users check the numbers they dialed, length and costs of their calls and actual balance?
A:Yes, you can find the login link for users on the control center.