HotSpotSystem.com Installation Guide for Mesh Networks
Setup Your Own Hotspot with OPEN-MESH
Important note: This solution requires a Hotspot Operator Account at HotSpotSystem.com. You can create an Operator Account here. If you would like to see what features you will be able to use with our solutions, click here. If you already have an Operator Account, then read on...
The setup is very straight-forward.
1. You need to log in to the Open-Mesh Dashboard (CloudTrax) (you need to create an Open-Mesh network by clicking on "Add Network" link or use your exiting network login and click on "Edit Network").
2. Add your devices to CloudTrax. Select the "Add/Edit Nodes" button and place each node on the map by clicking and dragging it to the correct location. You will need to fill out the MAC ID of each node (found on the back of each unit if you are using an Open-Mesh hardware). If you are using an Open-Mesh compatible hardware, then you need to find out the MAC address of the hardware (usually can be found on the packaging box).
3. Select HotspotSystem.com as your Captive Portal > AAA Provider and set the nasid for your location. Nasid is:
- For your first location, or if you have only one location, the nasid is your operator username.
- If you are using multiple locations the nasid must be set the following way: operatorname_locationid
(for example: john_2 , if your operator username is john, and you would like to set up location #2)
In case you are installing multiple routers in the same location, you should use different NAS IDs. For the second routers you need to add '_wds_1' to the NAS Id, for the third router '_wds_2', etc. So for example if you want to install the second router in location 3, the NASID should be set to '3_wds_1'.
If you cannot find HotspotSystem.com as your radius config: you can use manual settings.
RADIUS Server 1: radius.hotspotsystem.com
RADIUS Server 2: radius2.hotspotsystem.com
RADIUS Secret: hotsys123
RADIUS NASID: operatorname_locationid
UAM Server: https://customer.hotspotsystem.com
UAM URL: /customer/hotspotlogin.php?mode=comb
UAM Secret: hotsys123
Chillispot Compatible: checked
NOTE: In case you are installing multiple routers in the same location, you should use different NAS IDs. For the second routers you need to add '_wds_1' to the NAS Id, for the third router '_wds_2', etc. So for example if you want to install the second router in location 3, the NASID should be set to '3_wds_1'.
For Hotspot FREE SOCIAL locations: you need to add several domains/hosts to the allowed field in order to allow users to log in to there favorite social site. Please follow this article to add these domains/hosts to the whitelist.
4. Change timezone to: Europe/London on the dashboard
Optional Step: You can add your own site to the end of the allowed domains list separated with a comma.
5. Press Update Network Settings on the top of the Dashboard.
6. Login to the Control Center and change your Internal Login/Logout URL to open-mesh (Manage Loc.> Modify HotSpot Data > Splash Page Settings